Awqaf are inalienable religious endowments, typically denoting a building or plot of land for religious or charitable purposes.
The Awqaf (Endowment) Office is concerned about IET’s long-term financial sustainability and has completed one of the two blocks of IET Awqaf property in Wuse II District, Abuja.
Other Awqaf properties received good management, while more investment is being made. The Office also handles management of the various real estate investments which support the IET’s running costs.
List of IET Awqaf Properties (completed and partially completed) which yield rental income:
Minna, Niger State:
- New Horizons College school-block (completed), IW1 Ilmi Avenue, Minna
- New Horizons College Girls Hostel (completed), IW1 Ilmi Avenue, Minna
- New Horizons College Boys Hostel (completed), IET Centre, IW2 Ilmi Avenue, Minna
- DIN Hostel (partially completed), IET Centre, IW2 Ilmi Avenue, Minna
- Bosso Land Shopping Complex (Blocks A, B and C completed), opposite 7-Up Old Depot, Minna
- IET Transit House (completed), Old Airport Quarters, Minna
- Sunrise International School (completed), 64, Kwame Nkrumah Crescent, Asokoro, Abuja
- Blocks A and B (completed), 38 Panama Crescent, Maitama, Minister’s Hill District, Abuja
- Block A (completed) and Block B (partially completed), 14 Buchanan Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja
There are some non-yielding properties in Lagos, Minna, Abuja and Sokoto.
The Resource Management Department focused on its main goal of monitoring the judicious use of resources under the IET management. The Department took steps to ensure proper cost verification for all minor and major procurements. The Resource Management Department has also been involved in the distribution of books, magazines, CDs and other educational materials to the IET Board of Patrons, donors, supporters and IET networks. The Department also organized network – enhancing programmes such as Ramadhan Iftars for various stakeholders in the community.